PO-2 landing


IN THE PAST ...

Beginning of aeroclub dates back in 1937 when Ivan Mihev founded a branch of Maribor aeroclub. Members started a construction of Zoegling glider, which was completed - due to lack of building material - in 1940. Founding assembly was found in 1939. In 1940 Ivan Mihev flew from Crni vrh in a Salamander. He landed after 14 minutes at Stibuh near Slovenj Gradec. Next flight with the same airplane was made in 1946. In 1955 club ordered a project documentation for airfield construction in Turiska vas. In accordance to those plans club members started to build grass runway 800 meters long and 50 meters wide, together with hangar and fuel depot. They finished the work in 1957 and opened pilot school later same year. There were 24 first solo flights this year and 16 beginners qualifyed for air - tow with Roda, Cavka and Jastreb gliders.

 
Young pilots after flying


AND TODAY
...

New time demands modernization of the airfield. Since 1979 there is a new concrete runway which is 1200 meters long and 23 meters wide. Today we have 60 members, 8 gliders and 2 airplanes in our hangar. We are making our money with pilot school, business flying, advertising and flight contest organisation. We organised numerous soaring and engine flight state championships as well as Alpe - Adria gliding and engine flight contest. We also organised 9th European Gliding championship back in 1996.

Top